Last updated: April ●, 2021
Additional privacy statements may appear on certain Quadra websites or other online solutions, including but not limited to our career websites. Users may be asked to consent to the additional privacy statements before using these websites or other online solutions.
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting and ensuring the confidentiality of any personal information you provide to us.
- What types of personal information we collect
- How we may use that information
- How we may disclose that information
- How we protect that information
- How you may access or correct any of your personal information held by us
- Our commercial email practices
- Information applicable to California residents
- How you may contact us should you have questions or concerns
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect only the personal information that is strictly necessary for the Purposes described below (in the section entitled “Use of Your Personal Information”).
We collect personal information when you:
- Use our websites, portals, or e-commerce platforms, including data passively collected through technology such as “cookies”.
- Place orders for or seek information about our products and services (including inquiries related to pricing or Safety Data Sheets (SDS)).
- Register for webinars, training, or other information sessions.
- Create an account or use online account tools.
- Submit applications for employment with Quadra.
- Communicate with us, including with respect to your inquiries, comments, complaints, or requests.
- Conduct a customer visit in Quadra’s facilities.
We may collect and use the following categories of personal information that identify, relate to, describe, are reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household:
- Identifiers, including:
- Your name.
- Contact information (e.g., physical and email addresses, billing information, and telephone numbers).
- Business contact information (e.g., company name, title, physical and email addresses, and telephone numbers).
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including:
- Account information and information relating to your use of our services, which may include your account number, payment method, credit card information, and billing and payment history.
- Employment candidacy information, including contact, resume, and salary information as part of submissions for employment opportunities.
- Browsing and system information, including:
- The name and version of your operating system and browser.
- Device type (e.g., desktop or mobile).
- Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- The identity of your internet service provider.
- The date and time of your visit.
- The page that linked you to Quadra.
- The pages you visit while on our websites.
We also may obtain data and information about you from third parties, including, but not limited to:
- Credit information from credit reporting agencies.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your information to provide you with our products and services and to improve those products and services to better serve you as a customer. Specifically, we may use your information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- Provide you with products or services, which you have purchased or for which you have subscribed. Credit information will only be used by Quadra to evaluate and support your transactions.
- Perform customer support.
- Help us develop new services and features to meet your needs as a customer.
- Manage customer relationships and communicate with you, including responding to your inquiries and information requests.
- Monitor, customize, and improve our communications with you.
- Perform marketing, including interest-based marketing and advertising.
- Notify you of recalls or safety issues.
- Manage invoicing, accounting, and information security services related to our transactions with you.
- Operate our websites, including online registration processes (e.g., for webinars and other online information sessions). Browsing and system information may be used to personalize and optimize your website experience.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address against fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Evaluate any application by you for employment with Quadra.
- Comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, including as part of an investigation of a security incident or cooperation with governmental authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
- Comply with any “Unsubscribe”, “Do Not Email”, or other non-solicitation requests.
- Comply with any contractual requirements under contracts entered into with you.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Quadra, our customers, or others.
We will not use any information provided by you through the Contact Us forms of our websites or via telephone for unsolicited marketing purposes.
We may anonymize your information in a way that it can no longer reasonably be associated with you. We may use anonymized information or share it with third parties for any legitimate business purpose, including to: help us understand trends and customer needs; assist in product selection, ordering, and sizing; introduce new product and service offerings; and optimize our websites’ rankings in third party search engines.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
With our Third-Party Service Providers. We may share, without your consent, your personal information with service providers that we use to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the operation of our websites or our business (e.g., backup/archival services), provided that any use of the information is in accordance with the Purposes, and such information is necessary for the performance of their functions. These service providers are subject to confidentiality and security agreements with Quadra and other legal restrictions that prohibit the use or unauthorized access of any personal information we provide to them for any purpose other than to facilitate specific processing operations in accordance with the Purposes. Any disclosure of your personal information for purposes other than the Purposes will require your prior consent.
General. With regard to any disclosures of your personal information, we will ensure that (i) the use of your personal information is consistent with the Purposes, (ii) your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent (except if such disclosure is consistent with the Purposes or if provided for by applicable law), and (iii) reasonable measures have been or will be implemented to protect your personal information against any unauthorized access or use.
CONFIDENTIALITY & SECURITY MEASURES
We maintain security measures in accordance with industry standards to protect and ensure the confidentiality of your personal information and ensure the security and fulfillment of your orders. We employ physical, administrative, contractual, and technological safeguards to guard against loss, unauthorized access, misuse, or alteration of personal information under our control. Access to personal information is restricted to authorized personnel who require such information to properly perform their duties, and access is limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties. Further, we insist that our service providers implement similar safeguards to protect the personal information of Quadra customers.
Due to the nature of the Internet, no systems are impenetrable, and the security measures undertaken by Quadra may not fully protect your information in all cases. Quadra cannot guarantee that there will not be a breach in the confidentiality of your personal information; you should thus exercise care in using our websites and other online solutions. If you believe that your personal information held by Quadra has been compromised, we urge you to notify us promptly.
In the event that a breach of confidentiality involving your personal information occurs or is suspected, such as unauthorized access, use, disclosure, loss of personal information or any other breach of the protection of such personal information, Quadra will take reasonable steps to reduce the risk of harm and to prevent similar breaches from occurring in the future. Quadra will notify you of any such breach of confidentiality that poses a real risk of significant harm to you.
- SSL Protection. Some password-protected areas of our websites require a secure connection with your computer. We use an encryption technology called Secure Socket Layers (SSL). A secure connection is maintained until you leave the secure area of the website. Quadra cannot guarantee the safety of transmitting personal information over the Internet.
- Password Protection. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords. We have the right to assume that anyone accessing one of our websites or other online solutions using a password assigned to you has the right to do so. You will be solely responsible for the activities of anyone accessing our websites or other online solutions using a password assigned to you. You must promptly change your password if you believe that your password is compromised.
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is kept at our head office, located in Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada and on our off-site backups. As mentioned above (in the section entitled “Disclosure of Your Personal Information”), in some cases, personal information that we manage may be disclosed, processed, or stored in other Canadian provinces or territories, or abroad.
Your personal information will only be retained for the limited duration required to fulfill the Purposes described herein or as otherwise authorized by you, or as is otherwise necessary to protect our interests or comply with applicable law. Once the Purposes have been fulfilled and there is no longer any legitimate need to use your personal information, we will delete, destroy, aggregate, or otherwise anonymize your personal information, subject to any retention period provided by applicable law.
As described above, any anonymization of your information will be done so in a way that it can no longer reasonably be associated with you. We may use anonymized information or share it with third parties for any legitimate business purpose, including to: help us understand trends and customer needs; assist in product selection, ordering, and sizing; and introduce new product and service offerings.
RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the identity of your internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system and browser, the date and time of your visit, the page that linked you to Quadra, and the pages you visit. We may use this information to personalize and optimize your website experience, as well as in aggregate form, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
Our websites may use the following third-party cookies and tracking technologies:
Quadra is committed to providing transparency with respect to its practices in complying with Canada’s anti-spam laws (“CASL”). From time to time, Quadra may send commercial electronic messages (“CEMs”), including (i) to our current or potential clients (whether individuals or businesses) (e.g., for prospecting purposes or to respond to an inquiry or request for information); and (ii) to our current or potential service providers or business partners. Quadra may also delegate the distribution of Quadra CEMs to a third party service provider, in which case the CEM will be identified as being sent on behalf of Quadra.
Quadra only sends CEMs to those recipients that have either provided their express consent to receive CEMs from Quadra, or where permitted by law, including without limitation (i) due to an existing business relationship between Quadra and you; (ii) within a certain period after the end of any such business relationship; (iii) within a certain period after an inquiry or request for information by you; (iv) in the form of a single CEM, following a referral by a current Quadra client, service provider, business partner, or employee who also has a personal, family, or business relationship with you; or (v) in the event that you conspicuously published your email address or voluntarily disclosed it to Quadra or one of our employees or agents.
Quadra is also committed to providing transparency with respect to its practices in complying with the United States commercial email legislation (“CAN-SPAM”). Quadra only sends CEMs that: (i) are properly identified as an solicitation or advertisement, when applicable; (ii) offer an unsubscribe mechanism, as described below; and (iii) contain a legitimate return email address and Quadra’s postal address.
If you wish to stop receiving commercial electronic messages from Quadra, you may do so by using the unsubscribe mechanism found at the bottom of any Quadra CEM, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject header. We will remove your electronic address from our mailing list within 10 business days.
WITHDRAWAL OF YOUR CONSENT
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information at any time. Upon receiving your request, we will undertake to delete any of your personal information held by Quadra within a reasonable time, subject to any personal information that may need to be retained for purposes required or permitted by applicable law.
You may also request that we stop sending you commercial electronic messages (CEMs). Upon receiving your request, we will remove your electronic address from our mailing list within 10 business days.
Please direct any of the above requests to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. In addition, we provide opt-out or withdrawal instructions in our CEMs to allow you to remove your name from future mailings.
Personal Information We Have Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed for a business purpose to one or more third parties the following categories of personal information that identify, relate to, describe, are capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household:
- Identifiers (e.g., a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers).
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history and salary information.
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual (e.g., account information and information relating to your use of our services, which may include your account number, payment method, credit card information, and billing and payment history).
- Employment candidacy information, including contact, resume and salary information.
- Browsing and system information (e.g., browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with our websites, or other similar browsing and system information).
Rights of California Residents
California residents have the right to request any of the following information from us regarding personal information collected about you during the preceding 12 months:
- The categories of personal information collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, if any.
- The specific personal information collected about you.
- For personal information sold or disclosed to a third party for a business purpose, you have a right to know the categories of personal information about you that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and the categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
We will provide this information free of charge up to two (2) times in any twelve (12) month period within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request (including verification of your identity and your California residency), subject to delays and exclusions permitted by law. Specific personal information about you that is categorized as sensitive or confidential may be redacted.
As a California resident, you have the right to request that we delete any personal information that we have collected about you and to direct our service providers to delete your personal information from their records. We will honor this request subject to the range of exclusions permitted by law.
As a California resident, you also have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. We do not sell your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of these rights. California residents may exercise the rights described above by contacting us as follows:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please use “California Privacy” in the subject line)
By phone: 1 800 665-6553
We may require verification of your identity before further processing your request. In certain instances, we may be permitted by law to decline some or all of such request.
TREATMENT OF INFORMATION OF MINORS
Our websites and services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children. If we are notified or discover that a child under the age of 16 has submitted personal information to us, we will take reasonable steps to delete the information. Please contact us if you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us with personal information.
- E-mail: email@example.com; or
- Send postal mail to:
3901 F.X Tessier, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec J7V 5V5
ATTN: Privacy Officer